Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Catching up

Oh my...I am feeling so unorganized. I have had a tough time getting and staying organized since I went back to work. I'm working 4 days/week with Wednesday as my day off. I love it - it is so nice to have 1 day off during the week to be with my girl. However, I'm beginning to question if Wednesday is the best idea. At first it seemed ideal - work 2 days, off 1 day...work 2 days, off 2 days. I may need to re-think and pick Monday or Friday instead. It seems like I get going and productive and then I take a day off! I keep thinking of things I need to blog about and I keep pushing this to the back burner, as well. It's making me go crazy!! So, here is my bulleted list of random thoughts to purge my mind...

  • Molly and I met a girlfriend and her son for lunch a few weeks ago. We were strolling through Lenox (Pottery barn, actually) and I looked down. Molly had poop and pee EVERYWHERE. I'm talking...fancy pants, dress, stroller. EVERYWHERE. I don't think the PB bathroom has ever seen that much action. Thank goodness I have a shopping habit and had bought her a new outfit at Gymboree a few hours before.
  • On the way to my sisters house to leave for the beach...same thing happened. This time in her car seat. Lovely. Also, it happens when she is wearing Huggies diapers. Note to self: only wear Huggies diapers at home.
  • The Pampers rewards are way better than Huggies rewards anyway!
  • Rob is the sweetest Dad in the world. He loves his little girl and is so good with his nieces, too.
  • I've been sewing a LOT. Sometimes, it stresses me out, but I really enjoy it.
  • Molly is doing better with the baby food. We are introducing her to lunch today!
  • I hate the words crap and fart. I also hate poo. Just say poop and poot, OK? :)
  • I've been having these crazy dreams lately...crazy. Like that my dog from childhood was still alive, barely, and living in a closet at my parents house - but it wasn't my parents house. Weird.
  • Law and Order SVU has always been one of my favorite shows...the other night it kept me awake long after it was over and I was supposed to be in dreamland. I guess Special Victims hit too close to home when you have a baby girl and worry about her.
  • I think I've started to grind my teeth...and it HURTS.
  • Molly is so lucky to have 2 sets of grandparents that adore her. I was not that lucky...I never met my Dad's parents. I am so thankful for the years I had with my grandparents...and so happy that Molly already has such a wonderful relationship with all 4 of her grandparents. I miss my grandparents every.single.day.
  • My niece started kindergarten this week...it makes me cry at how grown up she is...but it is so fun that she is such a big girl now, too!
  • My baby niece is such a cutie...but, it's hard to get one on one time with her. I think in a few months Mandie and I should switch babies for the day.
  • I hope Molly and Brooke (baby niece) will be best friends.
  • Being a working Mom is so much harder than I imagined...and I don't even go into the office very often (translate - only under extreme duress do I go into the office!)
  • Work is different now that I am back from maternity leave. I'm much more easily distracted and my priorities are so different.
  • Molly's nanny starts this week - MC. She is french and I'm excited to have her! She really cares about Molly and Molly always smiles and laughs when she sees her!
  • I hope Molly will pick up some French with MC. That way, when she is a teenager, she can talk about me in French and I won't understand it...maybe it will hurt my feelings less.
  • I'm working to set some personal financial goals for myself - not just for our family. An example is - "no clothes purchases for myself of Molly for the month of August." Let's see if I can do it.
  • Rob and I are also working on our family budget. I feel like we eat out entirely too often...he loves to eat out. It is going to be a challenge.
  • We hit a new thousand dollar mark in our savings account this week. That always makes me excited.
  • I get really excited and feel proud each month when I make our deposit into Molly's college account.
  • I love blogging, but I miss the comments that I used to get. In another life, I would write a post and have 20 or more comments within 24 hours. I would give up all comments though, for the rest of time, to never struggle through infertility.
  • I'm already planning Molly's first birthday party. Anal? Yes.
  • Molly has a million nicknames - Moo, Moo Bear, Molly Kate, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Googley Bear, Moo Moo, Molly Moo, baby girl, pumpkin, pumpkin pie. Hopefully, we won't confuse her too much!

The best part of my day...

Ok, I feel better to have purged some of my brain's activity. Now back to work!

1 comment: