Sunday, September 5, 2010

Day 15 - My Dream Home

I've resigned myself to being behind in the 30 day blog journal.  My 30 days might last 45.  Oh well.  I'm on day 15 bloggy wise...not calendar wise.  So, here goes :)

Our Dream Home -

We've actually talked about this one a lot.  A LOT.  I don't have a picture, because I'm not sure this home exists.  A list of wants for the dream home:
  • A farmhouse sink
  • LAND - at least an acre
  • A pool or pond...or on a lake
  • I'd like to buy an old farmhouse and re-do it...that may or may not be possible.  If not, I'd at least like for it to LOOK like it was once a farmhouse...a big porch and lots of tall windows.  A tin room on the porch.  A long(ish) driveway.  Big trees.  Getting an idea?
  • 2 closets for the master bedroom.  Preferably, with a deadbolt on mine with only one key for me :)
  • A basement
  • A guest bedroom on the main floor with a full bath.
  • A big kitchen with a "bar" for stools and a big window or bay window near an eat in kitchen table.
  • A big, fancy dining room
  • A family room with lots of room.  (See yesterday's post - I like to be the hostess AND I don't ever want an empty house...)
  • Lots of windows
  • A screened in porch
  • 3 or 4 bedrooms upstairs, with at least 2 bathrooms upstairs
  • A big mud room
  • A nice big laundry where I can also have a present wrapping/craft station
  • A cute little room where I can sew
  • A playroom/media room where I can decorate it straight up PB Kids style
  • A workroom/separate garage where Rob can have his tools
  • A garage big enough for both of our cars
  • A place where we can plant a garden
  • A fruit tree - don't care what kind...just want to grow some fruit :)
Lots of wishes there.  I want a place for Molly (and hopefully, her siblings) will always want to come home to, where they will think of when they think of "home" no matter how old they are, where they can come back to and know they were loved unconditionally and will always have a place.  Wait...I just want them to feel like that when they think of me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment