Saturday, September 4, 2010

Day 13 & 14

A fictional book and a non fiction book, respectively.

A favorite fiction?  That is a tough one.  I enjoy reading.  Translate - When I pick up a book it's almost impossible for me to put it down.  I'll read until 2 or 3 o'clock in the morning, knowing full well that I have a job and a child to attend to the next day.  It's a blessing and a curse.

My all time favorite is Divine Secrets of the Ya Ya sisterhood.  I've already written about it here.  Afterall, we are all part of some sisterhood.

I read "Chasing Harry Winston" at the beach a few weeks ago.  It was a cute chic lit book.  I enjoyed it.  I wouldn't say it was a novel I could read over and over.  I was able to predict how it would end, but some days, that is just the right RX.  Living in an unpredictable world, sometimes it's nice to be able to forecast where *people* (yes, I know they aren't real) will end up.  If you want a quick read that is good for relaxation, I'd definitely reccomend it!

Day 14 - A Non-fiction

I must admit, I'm not a big non-fiction reader.  I try, I just prefer the stories.  I'm an ESFJ for any of you MBTI-ers aout there.  Over the past few years, I've read several non-fictions related to fertility.  Most were pretty dry and all "science-y" and I won't pretend that I read them cover to cover.  I did, however, read one book several times.  It's a memoir, I think that counts as non-fiction?  For all intents and purposes here, I'm going to count it as one.  I fell in love with Peggy Orenstein and her husband as they searched for a child of their own (be it biological or not).  Their story gave me hope and understanding during a time when I needed a ray of hope and some help in understanding our situation.  The book starts out with Peggy attending a Jewish ceremony of cleansing, forgive me, the actual name of the day escapes me.  I felt like reading their story was cleansing for my own soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment