Tuesday, March 12, 2013

10 minute Tuesday

Wow...I might become a regular here.  Two consecutive Tuesday blogs.  This seems to be the only way I can get a blog posted.  I like it :) At least I'm getting things down that I would likely otherwise forget.

  • The babies had their 15 month check up.  That's right.  1.5.  FIFTEEN.  What the?  Where are my babies?  The Pixie weighed in at 20 lbs 14 oz and The Fish weighed in at 22 lbs 9 ozs (I need to double check that!).  I need to double check their height, too...but, they measured that day the same height.  We kind of beg to differ.  Marlin looks so much taller!  I guess the doc knows best :).
  • I love our new pediatrician.  As in, I want to drink wine with her and be her friend.  She is awesome.  In fact, the whole practice is awesome.  I love them all.  What is it with me and kind of crushing on my doctors???  (I do have friends that share my love for my OB, so, maybe it isn't just me.  OK - that's what I'm officially going with :)).
  • Molly is on spring break this week.  She is going on a play date tomorrow to the Athens Botanical Gardens.  A play date where I won't be...and she will be in the car with her buddy and his momma.  This is a milestone.  And, no, I didn't have my DFACS cousin do a background on the momma...She's legit :).  My baby is growing up so fast. 
  • I love it that Molly has friends that she can hang with...my little social butterfly.
  • I love it that we are able to afford her the privileges of extra curricular activities.  Yes, she's 3.  No, they aren't necessary   But, she likes it and I'm so happy to oblige her. 
  • The Pixie may be small, but she is a Mighty Pixie.  She may or may not need to go to Bully Reform School.  She definitely lives by the Toddler's Creed...and, by gosh, if she wants it...She WILL take it. Poor Marlin.  
  • I have a feeling that one day, Marlin will have enough and deck her.  And, what will I do then?  Because...she might just deserve it.  HA!  Kidding...He would be given a high five and then put into time out.  :)
  • I hope that my kids are always as close and loving as they are now.  Bullying aside, they really are sweet to each other.  Madeline will hug Molly and Marlin and try to give them kisses.  It's really sweet.  
  • That girl is going to pay me back for every.single.thing I ever did.
  • Marlin is so chill.  Unless he's hungry.  Holy smokes what are we going to do when we have 3 teenagers?  Sheesh...better start stocking up now.  
  • Both of the babies are now waving Bye-Bye.  Be still my heart.  It is the sweetest ever.
  • I pray that my children always feel comfortable to have a honest conversation with me, even if it is difficult.  
  • A girl can really feel better about herself by taking a shower, shaving her legs and taking off chipped toenail polish.  Not that I would be in need of any of those necessities...
  • I need to face the music that planking for 45 seconds a day will not melt away my belly.  One must consume fewer calories that one burns to do that.  
  • I'm actually starting to enjoy exercising again...after many years of self appointed bench time.  LAZY.
  • I'm realizing more and more each day that the Lord looks out for our little family and that the Lord will provide.  
"For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you.  Plans to give you hope and a future."  Jeremiah 29:11

No comments:

Post a Comment