Tuesday, March 5, 2013

10 minute Tuesday

It's Tuesday.  I'm taking a 10 minute break and getting some thoughts down on paper.

  • We had Memories with Mom today at Molly's school.  So sweet.  That girl can melt my heart and make me rage in the same 10 seconds.  I love her with a passion...and she knows every button to push.  We had a great time and enjoyed our special little time together.  She's growing up entirely too fast.
  • There is a boy from Athens that was involved in this freak accident back in October - a random tree branch fell at his school and hit him in the head.  He's been hospitalized ever since...massive brain trauma, although on the outside he's as perfect as he ever was.  His story breaks my heart to absolute pieces.  I cannot imagine the horror his parents face each day as they battle issue after issue with his recovery.  I think he's had 10 surgeries since the accident and he's currently in the PICU with no real end in sight.  His Dad wrote a post on Facebook today that literally brought me to my knees.  He said, "It's been the privilege of my life to be Tripp's father."  I feel exactly same for my children.  I pray every day, multiple times, for God to heal this little boy...and for Him to protect my children from harm.  
  • My Pixie has trained me to wake up at 5AM every.single.day even if she is still sleeping.  Last week she was up between 5 and 6 each morning...and was STARVING.  Knock on wood, she's been better the past few days...but I have seen the clock (even just briefly) at 5AM for two weeks now.  This week, she's been my 7AM girl (which is much more acceptable) and we've enjoyed 20 - 30 minutes of quiet time together.  Marlin joined the party this morning, but, Madeline had no interest in sharing her cuddles with me.  I kind of love being that awesome to someone.  Who am I kidding?  I ABSOLUTELY love being the best part of someone's day.  
  • Marlin cracks me up.  He's gonna be a character, that one.  He has recently figured out Bye-Bye and if he thinks anyone may be HINTING at leaving, he tells them bye-bye.  I never knew I could love a boy as much as I love him (And, yes, I love my husband but in a different way people!).
  • We are finally finished in the basement...and I could not be happier about it!    
  • I work for the Man and am also a full time Mom.  That doesn't make my cross any heavier to bear than anyone else's.  It just means that I have to work...and share my time with my kids.  It is what it is.  I wish, as a society, that we would stop judging parents who are able to figure out a way stay home with their children versus parents who choose or are unable to stay at home full time.  Sometimes, working is a necessity.  Let's all agree that in the trenches of parenthood, we all carry a tremendous amount of responsibility...and none of us ever have a day off...and we are all putting another person or persons before ourselves.  
  • That was my soapbox last week.  I'm getting over it :).
  • I need to learn patience and grace...God, why do you have to make these such difficult virtues to learn and practice?
  • I also need to learn that people's priorities in this life may or may not be the same as mine.  And I need to be OK with that.
  • Last week was rough...I was glad to wake up Monday morning to a less grouchy self and with a better outlook on my days.  
"This is the day the Lord has made; Let us rejoice and be glad in it." Psalms 118:24

No comments:

Post a Comment