Tuesday, October 2, 2012

10 minutes

I recently read a blog post about taking 10 minutes to quickly post a blog.  It occurred to me that all of these posts that are in my head will likely never get out...so, I'm taking a 10 minute break from my day and laying it out there...bullet style, of course...cause that's how I roll.

  • We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE our new home...and we have *most* of the boxes either unpacked or in the basement...
  • Except for the 5 that are in the guest room full of clothes for Madeline.
  • Madeline has more clothes than the other 4 of us put together.
  • Everyday I am still surprised that we are a family of 5...err...8.  We started out so young...and stupid...and with just 1 dog.
  • Molly LOVES her new school - or "sool" as she says (sort of sounds like zoo).
  • Every morning when we pass the Waffle House with the Bulldawg mural, she says, 'Good morning Bulldawg.'  Be still my heart.
  • We really like our new babysitter, too.  The only drawback is that she's a student and we only have her for one semester.
  • A girl that was in my sorority lives next door - totally random! - and she has a little girl Molly's age...they act like they've known each other their entire life.  It's awesome.  I see lifelong friends in those girls!
  • I feel like we've lived here forever.  It just FEELS like home - everywhere we go and everything we do.  Our neighborhood, Molly's school.  Our friends - old and new.  I tell ya - the Good Lord had it all planned out.
  • I miss our old friends, too, though.
  • We acquired a kitty along the way from Canton to Athens...Molly is OBSESSED.  OBSESSED.  Her name is Kitty and I'm really glad she has 9 lives.  I keep trying to explain the concept of gentleness and it's just not seeming to click.
  • It's a 3 ring circus around here...
  • I'm constantly reminded of how blessed we are that the twins (and Molly) were healthy babies...and eternally grateful for my healthy children.
  • I'm grateful for my parents and in-laws health.  My friend said good-bye to her Momma last week...and, as I hugged her she cried and said, 'What am I going to do without her?'  It's the last thing I think of every night before going to sleep now.  My heart breaks for her and she is constantly on my mind and in my prayers.  My prayers to have my parents for many, many, many more years are fervent.  
  • I just had to look up the meaning of fervent to make sure I was using it correctly.  
  • The timer just went off...I'm totally going to cheat and take 2 more minutes...kind of like hitting the snooze button.
  • Our babies are 10 months old this week.  SHUT.THE.FRONT.DOOR.  I can't take it.
  • I am joining a book club...and I'm nerdy and very excited.  Mostly, I'm excited for the community of women I will meet (I know 2 of them and they are pretty spectacular).
  • I over stayed my 10 minutes...and I really do need to work.  

No comments:

Post a Comment