I must admit...a lot of days I am so tired I can't remember my name and I want to sit in a corner and cry and freak out about how I'm going to get everything done. I've also recently been obsessed with (1) my weight, (2) food additives and their impending doom on the health of my family, (3) feeding my family a clean diet and removing as many preservatives and artificial food dyes, etc. from our diet, and (4) our budget and how it's a much skinnier budget than what we've grown accustomed. This past week, I've decided...a girl can only do so much. Life simplification efforts in full force!
- I'm going to feed my family as healthy as I can without completely driving myself mad. Does that mean that Molly will occasionally get M&M's - yes. Does that mean that I picked out the red and yellow ones today when she had them (you know, to avoid Red 40 and Yellow 5) - yes. Neurotic much? A little.
- Did I also get her to eat grapes for snack? Yes.
- I can't stress about our budget and the smaller wiggle room than we previously had. Can I continue to use coupons and stop purchasing non-essentials? Yes.
- Can I quit obsessing about the number on the scale and remind myself that I have 2 little people also depending on my body for nourishment? Yes.
- Can I make everything picture perfect 24/7? No.
- Will my house be spotless and free of dog hair every day? Nope. Can I live with it? Yes.
- Will my children always be in perfectly ironed clothes? No. Is it OK to wear a wrinkled t-shirt sometimes? Yes.
- I also bought some disposable plates (*cringe* to my inner-environmentalist), but a dishwasher can only be loaded and unloaded so many times a week. If the made disposable bottles, I'd be all over that one.
While I'm so thankful that we have AAA (it's saved my butt a few times), I'm most thankful that we are BBB. Blessed. Beyond. Belief.
I constantly remind myself at how amazingly blessed we are and how, if I died tomorrow, you could bury me knowing that all of my dreams have come true...and are currently sleeping upstairs.