Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It was only the best Christmas EVER...

That explains why it's almost June and I'm just now documenting it, right?  We've been a little busy...

Christmas 2011 was the best Christmas ever...it seems so long ago and just like yesterday.  I can't believe it's already almost a half a year behind us...

I look back at the pictures and I look so tired.  I guess that's allowed when you have 2 newborns and an almost 2 year old that is adjusting to her new normal.  I can hardly remember those first few days with the babies home and what really happened...The way I remember it now is definitely a glossy version of something that probably looked more like total uncontrolled chaos to the rest of the world.  Marlin wasn't eating enough, so he cried ALL.THE.TIME.  Molly was pretty pissed about no longer being an only child, and Madeline...well, the Pixie was just taking it all in.

One good thing about Christmas babies...everyone comes to you.  And, that helps with the stress of holidays, for sure!  My aunt and uncle and cousins came sometime during the holidays :) and then we had Rob's family for Christmas Eve and my family came Christmas Day.  It was a whirl wind...but, it was by far the most magical Christmas of my life.

December in pictures....

My friend, Flo, came to take pictures for me for our Christmas card...This is basically how the day went...
Molly screaming if I wasn't 100% focused on her.. 

Marlin was probably hungry...



She did this herself...although, it was a nice, quiet few minutes :)
Watching Peter Pan...and, all is right in the world.
Snugglesauras....
spooning...
Brother needed a diaper...and Molly though Sissy needed coloring... 
Madeline's first bath... 
Marlin's first bath...

Lori, Marlin, Ian and Taylor came to visit...
"Big Marlin" and "Little Marlin"
Aunt Lori and Madeline

Cousin Ian
Tired much????

Christmas Eve....



 Christmas morning...


Marlin's loot...
Madeline's loot...
Luckily, Ann and Tom stayed for Santa so we had some extra hands to hold the babies.  Molly was able to enjoy her last Christmas as the only one interested in the toys from Santa :).  I have a feeling that next year will be a very different story for the sweet girl.

Christmas day....

tummy time!
At least Mandie and Brian were well rested! :)

 All smiles from Brooke and Emma.

The entire month was a whirlwind...what with a very pregnant and grumpy Tara to a very tired and wonderfully blessed household.  It's the greatest time of year...and even more special now with the twin's birthdays tucked nicely into the beginnning of the month.  I am and continue to be constantly amazed at our abundance of blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment