Wednesday, November 9, 2011

34 weeks

WOW...34 weeks.   This pregnancy has simultaneously creeped and sped by me.  It seems like so long ago that we found out our transfer worked and then that it was twins...but it seems like the weeks are speeding by.  It doesn't make sense, but I'm sure you get the point.

Here are the stats:
How far along: 34 weeks

Size of baby: 2 weeks ago they were both weighing in around 4.5 lbs.  The way they are kung-fu fighting my lungs, it feels like they are about 10 lbs each.  Baby Center says they are about 4.75 lbs and about the size of an average cantaloupe.  I'm gonna bet mine are bigger than that...RBA makes some big babies!  Baby Center also says, "If you've been nervous about pre-term labor, you;ll be happy to know that babies born between 34 and 37 weeks who have no other health problems generally do fine."  That's good.  Can I have a c-section tomorrow, then?

Maternity Clothes: Even some of those are too small.  I'm most comfy in Rob's pajama pants, a maternity tank top and a big comfy long sleeve t-shirt.

Gender: An innie and an outie!  Yikes - what are we gonna do with a boy???

Movement: All.The.Time.  I can literally feel them kicking/punching my ribs.  (She's breech and he's head down.)  Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they are active (aka to me healthy), but the bone on bone feeling contact in my ribs isn't super awesome.

What I miss:  Being able to take care of myself and Molly on my own.  I can't keep up with her anymore and it's killing me.  I'm a bit of a control freak...I like to do it my way and I like to do it myself.  I have trouble asking people for help.  At least I can be honest with myself, right?

Cravings:  Not really anything right now.  I can't eat too much at once - no room.  So, I've been eating a lot of peanut butter toast.  You are jealous, I know.

Symptoms:  You name it.  SEVERE back pain on my right side.  Like, it hurts to sit for more than a few minutes or to stand.  Laying down is best.  I went to the chiropractor for some relief, but almost passed out twice, so, I guess I won't try that again.

Best Moment this week:  My best moment everyday is Molly.  Even when she's screaming because she wants to go outside and I think if I have to stand up I might give birth.  Even when she wakes up at 4AM and wants "nuk" (aka milk) and by the time I've made it and make it to her room she's sound asleep.
This was at 32 weeks.  I swear I think my belly grows every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment