Thursday, June 13, 2013

May Madness

Wow - I can't believe it's June...and mid-June already at that!!  May was crazy busy and we ended the month with a trip to our favorite beach St. Augustine with my family.  The kids and I stayed two weeks, but, Daddy had to come on home after one week.  It was CRAZY...but, *mostly* fun :).

Molly had her last day of school in May...What an AWESOME year we had at an AWESOME school.  Sadly, we are changing schools for the upcoming school year to one closer to home...even though her old school was only 12 miles away, the round trip drive for me was typically about 45 minutes...or longer if I fueled my coffee habit in route.

This is Molly on her first day of school (at our first school of the year in Canton) and at her last day of school in Athens. (She did wear shoes the last day - just not in the picture.  And, yes, I have a do not ring the doorbell sign:)).

 The last week of school we had Molly's school performance.  They had a revival theme.  I don't know about you, but, there is something about little kids singing hymns that makes me cry.  Precious.


The babies did really awesome during the performance...and it was kind of long - maybe 30 minutes?  Madeline decided she loved my friend Krista and sat in her lap for most of it...ha!

It wasn't in May, but, in April we took the kids to the G-Day game - which is the annual spring scrimmage for UGA.  There was something special about all of them experiencing Sanford Stadium for the first time together.  And, they were the cutest Bulldawgs there!





  I mean, come on.  It doesn't get much cuter than these itty bitty Bulldawgs!!!

It was May when we had Marlin's hair cut.  I had a hard time with this...I mean, that's a major milestone.  My boy went from a baby to a big kid with a few snips of the scissors.







I will admit, he was getting all fraternity boy scraggley, but, there is something about cutting those first baby curls that makes a Momma sad.

We ended the month with a super crazy and *mostly* fun beach trip.  Week 1 was everybody - us, Mom & Dad and my sister's family.  C-R-A-Z-Y.  Randomly, I had a 12 hour stomach bug or something and I wasn't very nice that day - I'm so grumpy with no sleep or food.  The babies both decided to cut teeth and slept like NEVER the first week.  Marlin, our toothless wonder went to the beach with 4 teeth and came home with I think 10?  I also had some weird allergic reaction to something the first week that made my hands swell up like blown up latex gloves.  It was awesome...and Dad took me to the emergency room Saturday morning.  A few prednizone and few hours later, I felt much better.  I haven't been to the ER since I was 15 and was in a car accident with Richard Hamilton.  Once every 20 years isn't too terrible, I guess.

Week 2 was just Me, Mom and the kids.  (Mine, not Mandie's, too).  I must admit, it was quite a bit calmer, but, I didn't see the beach after Rob left.  Mom started drinking everyday at 5...and she doesn't drink.  HA!  We ended up coming home one day early due to the season's first tropical storm.  It was a good idea - the rain would have driven us crazy in our condo.  It sounds like we didn't have fun, but, we really did.  If you are a parent, you know that beach trips aren't really vacations...they are more work than staying at home.  But, the memories we created and the time spent together - even if it is with screaming toddlers who are fighting you every step of the way - are priceless.  I will admit any day that I'm not the most self-less person (I also wouldn't classify myself as the most selfish, either, though), but, I kind of didn't believe people when they would describe how much they loved their kids.  I mean, I can count on three fingers the people whom I would LITERALLY lay down my life for...and their names all start with M.  I love those buggers - even when they drive me and Nanna to drink...every.day.  :)


We have a picture of every Smith grandchild in this tub...That makes my heart smile.






attempting a grandparent Christmas card photo :)



These 4 pictures make me feel like I'm some super talented photographer...it's actually just called LUCK and taking 700 pictures to get 1 good one!

Brooke turned THREE at the beach - this is at her birthday dinner
May was a fun month...and this summer looks like it's going to be super hot and super fun.  Maybe I'll get around to posting more than once a blue moon.  Our babies are growing so fast...I can't believe what little people they are becoming.  I wish we could hit pause for a while and just freeze these long days and short years of our life.

1 comment:

  1. Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete