Lately, I've been mastering my negotiation skills with half truths...these include, but are not limited to:
- Honey, the DVD player won't work until you are buckled into your car seat.
- The sun isn't out yet...it's not morning. We need to go back to bed.
- If you close your eyes, when you open them, we will be there!
- Isn't this (Greek yogurt) such good ice cream?!
- Daddy is night-night. He can't come up here (again) to tell you good night.
Hey, man, don't judge. It's the survival of the fittest in these parts!
In other news, I'm back at work. I started my 4th week back today...and I'm on the bench. Which means that I have no real role so, I'm working on "special projects", which means I should have already had time to catch the blog up if I had the motivation and didn't see it as such a daunting task!!!
Since I've last posted, we've (in somewhat chronological order):
- Celebrated Christmas - Molly's 2nd and the twins 1st!
- Celebrated NYE and had our 1st and 2nd date night since the babies
- Organized the pantry (it was an exciting day!)
- Gone to Molly's first Valentine's Dance
- Started SMILING (the babies :))
- Become friends with and on first name basis with the staff of CFA
- Celebrated Molly's 2nd birthday
- Spent the night in Macon - the first "travel" for our entire family (including the dogs)
- Enjoyed the Cherry Blossom Festival on our "trip" to Macon (I am "quoting" trip and travel because Macon is only 2 hours away, but, it was a LONG 2 hours down there! Ha!)
- This Momma has gone back to work
- Enjoyed an AWESOME time with good friends at a "Sip and See" to show off the twins
- Gone to a bounce house - a first for Moo :)
- Visited the Easter Bunny
- Baptized the twins
We've been busy! The twins are so wonderful and such good babies (thank the good, sweet Lord!). Molly has adjusted to being 1 of 3 and we have settled into a nice routine. Marlin's reflux is under control, Madeline is sleeping 12 hours relatively consistently (I wish everyone else would!), Molly is cutting 2 year molars (which is oh, so fun) and is talking in 2 - 3 word sentences! She is a wonderful big sister and has started enjoying "helping" with the babies - taking diapers to the "ga-ga" aka trash and holding the bottles for them to eat. We are still a breast feeding household, but not after some challenging days and supply issues, that we are *hopefully* past. I have, however, relaxed and if they have to have a bottle of formula, then, that's ok, too. Our life is LOUD, chaotic, crazy and hectic. It's more wonderful than I could have ever imagined.
|Daddy-Daughter Date Night at CFA|
|Two Month Photo Shoot!|
|Sweet girl at her first Valentine's dance!|