Friday, March 25, 2011

What to feed 'em Fridays!

My sweet friend Amy has twins who are almost one and another little boy on the way.  Can anyone say Irish Triplets :)  What a blessing.  She has started a weekly post called "What to feed 'em Fridays".  I thought it was fun and a great topic, as I often struggle with what to feed my little Chunk...um, I mean, my little sweet girl! 

So, today, Miss Molly had/is having:
breakfast - scrambled egg, 5 grapes, 1 piece of raisin bread toast with strawberry jam (homemade by the wonderful MC, our Nanny)
lunch - tilapia with MC (come on, people, it's Lent after all :)), sweet potatoes (which she refused) and apple sauce
dinner - she will have squash and zucchini soup, a slice of deli ham and some (or all) of a banana

I make a lot of Molly's food (yes, I'm that crazy person who makes home-made organic applesauce...and I know I could just buy organic applesauce).  I do find that it's actually cost effective to make it myself, and being the Type A control freak that I am, when I make it, I know for sure what is going in it.  So...

Squash and Zucchini soup:
take 1 yellow squash and one zucchini - cut into cubes (with skin on)
cover with water (just barely - you don't want too much) and boil with a little salt and a pat of butter
boil until the vegetables are cooked and the water has cooked down
then, add a triangle of soft cheese (I use laughing cow) and blend with your immersion blender, food processor, blender - whatever you have on hand!

Cool and Enjoy!  (I actually eat this myself, too, when I plan ahead and have enough to make for both of us.)

Molly also has a pretty serious addiction to crackers....


Have a great weekend, yall!

No comments:

Post a Comment